Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Laundry Love

Well, after a day of cinnamon happiness at work, I have returned home to this. The positive thing to say about it is that we did do laundry in the past months... we just didn't do so much more about it.

I hate laundry so I am trying hard for love here! I have found a small grain of humbleness which told me that I should be grateful for having so much wealth that I can create this amount of laundry. That made me puke so I have tried harder and put into force 6 things that I absolutely DO love, which WILL assist, if not cure.

First and foremost is the tea cosy - the design is totally planked from a tea cosy my mother bought in a second hand shop in Sweden and then modified to fit my teapot. I LOVE tea cosies and have no idea why Australians don't use them. They bring love to any home, I promise. There! I have blogged about one of my own creations!

The second is the teapot. It is also from Sweden, from Höganäs Keramik. I had left it back home when I went on my world journey, but out of LOVE (and to shut me up) my sister-in-love cleaned it up so nicely and my mother shipped it to Australia so I can love it here. It arrived 3 months ago after 9 years of absence from my life.

The third thing is Monk Pear Tea from T2, a company that heals broken souls.

The fourth thing is a new love, in fact I'm still in the initial phase of falling in love: the cup! Sent by my mother for Christmas, made by my amazing friend Tina, it carries love like no other thing I own.

The fifth thing needed for embarking on Laundry Love is Bob Marley (One Love ooohh oooh oooh) on the stereo.

The sixth is a new found Cairns love, which I'm still getting used to: air condition. She is a deceptive misstress; she costs a bucketload of money, but I'm starting to understand that she may be worth it. She is the first one I have ever known as we are cool enough where I come from. She is essential for laundry love.

And now I will get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment