Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Friends with Dalai Lama

I'm friends with the Dalai Lama on facebook. Oh YES we are real close. I can actually brag that I have met the Dalai Lama twice (in Copenhagen) and been blessed by him on one occasion - I stalked him through the city and threw myself at him in a hotel lobby, but never mind (wouldn't that just have been so much more worth it if I was a Buddhist?)

ANYWAY! Mr Lama has a lovely facebook site, updated by other people, telling us what he says.
This is what he said yesterday: "The creation of a more peaceful and happier society has to begin from the level of the individual, and from there it can expand to one's family, to one's neighborhood, to one's community and so on."

We should have know this all along: Mr Dalai Lama IS the Happiness Project! If ever I needed an explanation for this whole mess, I should have known I could look to the East. SO! If you see me in orange and burgundy during the next year of hippie-happiness, don't be scared! It's just me seeking inspiration, taking drastic measures - or feeling an urgent need to expand to my community.

On 3 January 2012 Mr Lama said something that I find truly beautiful; sharing it with you is my good deed of today - I hope you spend some time thinking about it, just like I have:

"Compassion is something really worthwhile. It is not just a religious or spiritual subject, not a matter of ideology. It is not a luxury, it is a necessity"

No comments:

Post a Comment