Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Join a Cause?

Yesterday was a great day and I was good ALL day. The Problem is that I don' know if it counts.

Yesterday was the husband's birthday. I took the day off (because he had the day off) and he was pampered! But what kind of girlfriend (wife) would I be if I didn't? Does it count to be good on days where you are expected to be good? Even planned to be good for yonkers of time?

I don't know the answer to this question and was therefore really, REALLY pleased when one of my Facebook friends asked me to join a cause! It is the "stop Youtube accepting and showing cruelty to animals" cause; I signed up straight away - good deed done. Before I continue, let's not get confused: I would run an animal shelter if it wasn't against our rental agreement. BUT! A: Youtube is not 'showing' the videos, they are uploaded by dickheads. B: cruelty to animals is banned by law in most countries. The question therefore remains if the people who created the cause on facebook may have been slightly offbeat and it should have been the “stop Youtube’s solicitation of illegal animal cruelty” – cause; the “Dickheads who upload animal cruelty videos should be prosecuted” – cause; or the “Youtube needs more staff to screen uploaded crap” –cause.

ANYHOW, animal cruelty is animal cruelty and I ALWAYS support people who are good to animals! It also dawned on me that I now have a way out on all the days I haven’t been good! Join a cause, donate something, make awareness....I will have to make a list.

Leaving you with that thought for today, I will upload some pictures from yesterday:

Breakfast including: mango, dragon-fruit (with lime), Nashi pear and lycees.










Dinner of sushi, including sushi made with Japanese wagyu beef - and a picture taken during preparation, just to prove that I didn't pick it up somewhere.











AND TADA: the ultimate boyfriend birthday present: A day spent at Green Island, snorkling and swimming with the turtles. That is on Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. Goddam it Krystle, that sushi looks nice!
    Please call me next time.

    :) Tina Beth

    ReplyDelete